Spoke to my close pal over the weekend and discovered how perspective differs even if given a similar situation. Verdict, she thinks most guys are jerks. I read a book on commitment phobic before - some academics posits that commitment passives and commitment actives tend to gravitate towards each other;
To be fair, I've met some pretty nice guys out there. I guess it boils down to "is he Mr Right right now or not at all?" You see, its true that time waits for no man (or in this case, woman); situations change and with time thoughts and feelings change.
That's why I think as mature adults (I hope to think we all ARE!), we have two choices - do something about it and take action or just wait (worst of all, most of us tend to procrastinate or 'escape' hoping that whatever that is nipping us in the butt will just disappear). I guess its true that, with time, you will discover (or uncover) the true strength of a person's character.
Where am I heading with this, you may ask? The answer is FAITH. Sometimes all we see is just our own perspective. I'd still remember what mum used to say, "If you pray and stay close to the Almighty, he will remain close to you, closer than your jugular vein" (Qur'an)
I'll end my note with this lovely poem:
To believe
To believe is to know that every day is a new beginning.
It is to trust that miracles happen, and dreams really do come true.
To believe is to see angels dancing among the clouds,
To know the wonder of a stardust sky and the wisdom of the man in the moon.
To believe is to know the value of a nurturing heart,
The innocence of a child's eyes and the beauty of an aging hand,
for it is through their teachings we learn to love.
To believe is to find the strength and courage that lies within us.
When it is time to pick up the pieces and begin again.
To believe is to know we are not alone,
That life is a gift and this is our time to cherish it.
To believe is to know that wonderful surprises are just waiting to happen,
And all our hopes and dreams are within reach.
If only we believe.
PS:
1. Good luck cousin to your exams *hugs*
2. "A coward is incapable of exhibiting love, it is the prerogative of the brave" – Mahatma Gandhi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment